Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies


I got this recipe from Picky Palate at http://picky-palate.com. This is the third cookie recipe that I have made from this site and so far her cookie recipes have been wonderful. This cookie is rich and very chocolaty. The only change I would make is that I would add more crushed Butterfingers. I didn't have king size candy bars so I used 14 snack size. I think I would up that to at least 16 which would be two of the 8 count packages of the snack size. Also, this recipe uses a lot of cocoa. I really thought it was a typo and decided to try it anyways, it was not a typo. You really do use 1 1/4 cups of cocoa.

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda ( I left this out, I almost never put baking soda in my cookies)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 king size Butterfinger bars, crushed
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy( I just mixed until combined really well). Slowly add eggs and vanilla until well combined. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients(the batter will be thick) then stir in crushed Butterfingers and chocolate chips. Using a medium scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, should still be soft in the center. Allow cookie to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment