Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Snack Mix



I found this recipe on a recipe blog called Sunday Baker a couple of weeks ago. I finally got around to making it tonight and it is so good. If you would like to check out Sunday Baker's blog post for it go to http://comeandpeek.blogspot.com/2008/08/fall-snack-mix.html, she has step by step photos of the complete recipe.

Ingredients:
1 box of peanut butter Ritz
1 bag of mini-pretzels, any preferred shape
1 large jar of roasted peanuts or any nut variety you prefer ( I just used the Walmart brand party peanuts and I used half of a can, I think pecans would be wonderful in this recipe)
1 bag of M&M's ( I always buy mine from Sam's Club so I just used 2 cups from my big bag)
1 bag of candy corn
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter (I used real butter not margarine)
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar

Heat oven to 250 degrees. Spray a large roasting pan with non-stick spray. In the roasting pan, mix the pretzels, peanut butter Ritz, and peanuts.
In a medium saucepan, mix together the sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and add the baking soda and vanilla. The mixture will sputter and foam up so be careful. Pour the hot mixture over the pretzel mix. Stir to coat everything. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, stirring mixture after the first 15 minutes. Pour onto wax paper immediately after removing from the oven. Let it cool for a few minutes and then start breaking apart the pieces that are stuck together. Let cool completely. Put into a large bowl and mix in M&Ms and candy corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment