Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cheesy Ranch Potato Bake




I got this recipe from Allrecipes. com. I changed a few things. This is a really good recipe and great side dish.

Ingredients:
4 pounds russet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch cubes ( I left the skin on but it would be just as good without)
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt ( I used Lawrey's Season Salt)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 tablespoons butter, cubed ( I used margarine)
1 (8 oz) package shredded colby-monterey jack cheese blend ( I used cheddar and I used a bit more than 8 oz.)
1 (8 oz) bottle Ranch dressing ( I used buttermilk ranch dressing that I made from the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix packet)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Place the potatoes in the baking dish. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Evenly distribute the butter over the potatoes. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and mix in the cheese and ranch dressing. Continue cooking 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment