Saturday, December 26, 2009

Shrimp Cheese Ball


This recipe has been in my family for years. My mom always served it up at Christmas time and New Years Eve. I always looked forward to this dip.

Ingredients:

6 oz cream cheese softened
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. finely chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. mustard
dash of salt and pepper
1 can of shrimp, drained (It's best to use a good quality canned shrimp. I used the Great Value brand from Walmart and it was not as good.)
finely chopped pecans to roll cheese ball in, optional
crackers of your choice

Mix all ingredients except pecans together. Refrigerate. As you can tell from my photo I did not shape the dip into a ball. That was because I was just serving this at home. For a prettier presentation you can shape the dip into a ball and roll in finely chopped pecans. Also, this dip does need to be made up ahead of time as it needs to chill for a few hours for the flavors to come together. Serve with your favorite crackers. My favorite crackers to serve with this dip is Wheat Thins.



No comments:

Post a Comment