Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Monster Cookies



I saw this recipe yesterday at Tasty Kitchen.com and I just got done making them. They are so good. They are so pretty, too. They are a flourless cookie, which intrigued me and all the ingredients of oatmeal, peanut butter, coconut, chocolate chips, and m&ms.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. baking soda ( I normally leave out baking soda in all my cookies but I added it in these and would not leave it out)
1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
4 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats ( I used quick cooking)
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup M&Ms, divided

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. According to the recipe on Tasty Kitchen you mix the ingredients together in the order listed but reserve half of the M&Ms. I creamed the butter and sugars, added eggs and vanilla. Then I added the baking soda, peanut butter, oats, and coconut and mixed. Next, I added the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup M&Ms and mixed. Drop by rounded tablespoons(I used my medium cookie scoop) onto baking sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork dipped in cold water. Press a few of the reserved M&Ms into the top of the cookies that have no M&Ms showing( I did this on all the cookies and ended up needing a little more than 1/2 cup). Bake 10-12 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. These cookies are best slightly under-done, so err on the side of taking them out too soon rather than letting them get overdone.

1 comment: