Saturday, December 26, 2009

Easy Ham and Cheese Appetizer Sandwiches



I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com but changed it up to suit our tastes. These little sandwiches have quickly become a family favorite and I serve them up for meals not just as appetizers. I read in the comments section of Allrecipes.com for this recipe that once the sandwiches are put together you can freeze them at that point. Then when you need a quick meal or appetizer just pull them out of the freezer to thaw and bake as directed.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
1 -2 tsp. of onion powder ( I don't measure this, so this is just a guess as to the amount I use, I just sprinkle it in.)
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons of prepared Dijon style mustard
2 (12oz.) packages white party rolls
1 pound sliced honey ham from the deli
1 package or 12 slices of swiss cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, onion powder, worcestershire sauce, and dijon mustard. Slice rolls in half horizontally and set aside tops. Arrange bottoms in a single layer in 11x15 baking dish. Spread bottoms with the butter mixture. Top with ham and swiss cheese. Replace tops. Cover with foil and bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted(The baking time has always been more like 15-20 minutes in my oven).


No comments:

Post a Comment