Monday, April 26, 2010

Monkey Bread


I found this recipe from Cooks.com years ago. It's been my go to recipe for Monkey Bread ever since. It has a wonderful sauce that is poured on before baking.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 (10 oz.) cans refrigerated biscuits ( I can't get 10 0z so I just use the 7 0z)

In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan combine 1 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, butter, milk and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut biscuits in half. (Most of the time, I cut them in quarters. In the picture, I used frozen yeast rolls which I thawed. Refrigerated biscuits are better.) Coat with sugar mixture and layer in bundt pan. Spread remaining sugar over biscuits. Pour sauce over biscuits. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment